I bought this recently to find out what the hype was all about. I wanted to know, what made this powder so special? It was really hard to find, and I got it for almost USD 21.50 (Purchased it on Suesh for almost Php1,000). Yes, it was overpriced but I wanted to know: why is everyone raving about it?
According to CameraReadyCosmetics.com, “Ben Nye’s Bella Luxury Powders give you more than enough reason to go bananas for these silky-fine, mattifying translucent setting powders! With just a hint of color, you won’t miss the white cast in your photos that often comes with other finishing powders. Gracing your kit in 4 luxurious tints, there’s a Bella beautiful shade for everyone! See what all the buzz is about in just a light dusting of Banana. Does your foundation always seem to pull pink on your otherwise warm-toned complexion? The versatile Banana shade suits just about any skin tone as it softly and subtly color corrects surface redness and pink undertones, as well as neutralizes bluish undereye circles. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a client these powders won’t look flawless on! Each one is specially formulated to absorb excess oil and soften the appearance of pores and texture. Enhance your fair-skinned, youthful glow with Cameo, balance out light to medium skin tones with Buff, and warm up tan to deeper skin tones with Beige Suede. With more product for the price, it’s as beautiful on your wallet as it is on your skin!”
Anyway I wrote all the pros and cons of the product below:
- Super blendable
- A little goes a long way!You don’t need to put a lot so even this small product can actually last a long time.
- Make up stayed in place for a longer period of time and I noticed that my make up didn’t crease easily.
- Really velvety feel and finish and controls oil
- Great for highlighting your face
- Like any make up in powder form, it tends to get messy.
- This particular color doesn’t suit my skin. It has a yellow finish that tends to look dark when blended. I probably need the Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Cameo. That being said, I only used this powder twice. Once for swatching, the other for a night out.
- It was quite pricey.
Overall, it’s something that I can live without or easily eliminate from my makeup routine. I’m not a make up artist so I don’t need to add this extra step. However, it IS one of the best powders in the market today! If I had gotten the right shade, I would say that it’s worth every penny 🙂 🙂